Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a...

Twice this week Brady has asked to play with playdough after dinner. I love watching him make things & telling me what they are. Earlier this week, most of the things he made were "birthday cakes for papa". Who cares if Papa's birthday isn't until the end of May?! It's so neat to watch him be creative & use his imagination. It's a great way to get some insight into what goes on in the mind of a 2 year old. Well, last night while playing with play-dough, Brady kept asking me to make certain things- beetle, castle, duck, etc that ended up pretty much all looking the same. I decided to exercise my inner creativity (ala Grammie Robin) and make a person with a hockey stick & puck and tell Brady that it was him playing hockey. It looked much like all of the other things I'd made. :( Oh well. I asked Brady who he thought it was to which he replied "That's a testicle!" REALLY!!!!???? I asked him again to make sure I'd heard correctly which apparently I had. Rocky & I both laughed until we were on the brink of tears. Who knows if Brady really thought my rendition of him looked like a testicle or if he was just trying to make us laugh. Either way- we did! This is one of those stories I will have to share with friends one day- you know, like when he's a teenager. :) The pics posted below are from Monday night's playdough extravaganza while making the cake for Papa. The bathtub pic is from Tuesday night when he was channeling his punk rocker side.

No comments:

Post a Comment