Wednesday, February 10, 2010

He said/did what?!

A day in the life of a mother of a 2 year old is never dull. I've been saying for a long time that I need to start writing down all of the funny/cute things he says & does. Everyone tells me if I don't write them down, I won't remember them when he gets much older. Here are some tidbits I found that I'd used as posts on Facebook. Glad I now have alot of these goodies written down in one place. Enjoy!

9/17/09: While riding in the car, I turned around (Rocky was driving) to see him with the English muffins pack in his hand as we had just down a bit of grocery shopping. I see him chewing and think he's eating the plastic wrap. I yell "spit it out" and turn on the light only to find him with 1/3 of a muffin in his mouth. The bandit had busted open the pack and had gone to town on one poor english muffin.

9/29/09: Brady's daily email. His teacher said he was so excited to "put tinkles in the potty". He goes at home, but has never gone at school. What a big boy!

10/8/09: While Rocky was holding him this morning I asked Brady for my goodbye hug. He said "No, I want big hug" and turned to grab Rocky's neck, then my neck, and squeeze us all together for one big family hug. To top it off, he sang "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...". I teared up for sure.

10/11/09: At breakfast he looks down and says "whatcha doin doggy?" A few minutes later when he couldn't see the dog he said "i miss the doggy." Guinness- thinking he was gonna get food- came up only to have Brady say "move away doggy" since he knows he's not supposed to feed him.

10/11/09: Brady singing "All the single ladies, all the single ladies" to Guinness and then when Guinness started barking at him he told him to "Hush doggy!"

10/13/09: I was leaning forward on the couch so he wedged himself behind me & started playing with my hair. Then he said "Mamma, you're pretty. You pretty mamma!" I told him he was a sweetie and when he started playing with my hair again, he said "Love you mamma. Love you." Wow! What a sweet boy!

10/15/09: I was getting ready this morning & heard Brady awake upstairs singing "BE NICE TO EVERYONE!" from Yo Gabba Gabba about as loud as he good. That boy cracks me up.

11/4/09: Brady pointed to my jewelry sonicator and said "What's that?"- his new favorite sentence since he likes to know what everything is. I told him it was a jewelry cleaner only to have him say "Mommy, it's a sonicator". I mean really?!

11/8/09: I asked Brady if he wanted to go play with the trains & he said "I want to go to Barnes & Noble to play with the trains". I don't know why he randomly decided to call it Barnes & Noble because he's never said that before. That boy continues to amaze me every day. Ok, done with my Brady bragging for today.

11/21/09: Brady started singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" on the drive home today. We've never even sung that song to him before. I love the randomness of children.

12/4/09: Brady suggested the names Cracker, Firetruck, and Barbeque for the baby. Cracker Davis? Yeah, that's gonna happen!

12/18/09: Brady's sang his version of "You Belong to Me". Wednesday on the drive home from work, he randomly sings "I like t-shirts, I like t-shirts" to the tune even though it wasn't on the radio. Okay, so the words were a little off but that's how a 2 year old makes a song their own.

12/20/09: I was wrapping presents with Brady last night. After I would write out the gift tag, Brady would "sign it". We got to Papa's gift and he asked if he could draw on it. So I handed him the tag & he said "I draw B.R.A.D.Y. for Papa". He spelled his name outloud!

12/21/09: Brady holds up his milk & says "Fill up my cup. Mazel tov". Thank you Black Eyed Peas. Then we were out shopping & as I'm putting him in his carseat he sees an older woman walking toward the car & says "That's gramma. She got run over by the reindeer." I almost peed my pants laughing.

1/23/09: Brady has been laying down for over an hour trying to take a nap, any every time I've checked on him, he says he's ready to go to Nick's house. Too excited for a birthday party to sleep!

1/30/09: We got 5 inches of snow today. Brady woke up talking about building Frosty outside today, he only wanted to stay out 10 minutes because he said "Daddy, it's too cold for my hands!"

1/31/09: Brady did this strange little squat tonight that looked like a 5 second dance move. I asked him what his new move was and he said "FART!" After I corrected him & told him that the correct word was toot or poot, I realized about 30 minutes later en route to bed that the fart, toot, or poot was actually a surprise in his diaper.

Whew! So there is almost 5 months of Brady's silliness. Granted, this only includes what I thought to write down at the time. He makes us laugh every day. Sometimes, he's trying to be funny. Other times, it's just funny to hear how a 2 year old views the world. And some times, he's just being sweet and it's so cute that I can't help but include it on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment