Monday, February 22, 2010

Won't You Be My Darlin'?

Brady has gotten into the habit of "reading" a book first before letting me read it. It's amazing how with some books, he clearly understands the story and tells his own version of it. With other books, he simply says certain things he sees on the page. Well tonight, he's in the middle of reading "Things That Go" and looks up at me and says in a sing-songy voice, "Won't you be my darlin!?" Now where did he hear that line? For some reason, I think it's from an old song, but I'm not so sure. I asked him where he learned it to which he answered "I don't know" and then sang/said it again, this time accompanied by some serious giggles. This prompted him to say it many times during book-reading. He knows when I find something clever & takes much pleasure in making mommy smile. During our tucking in to bed routine, he likes for me to make up stories about his favorite characters- Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, Mickey Mouse. I made sure to weave the line "Won't you be my darlin'!?" into each story tonight which he loved.

Speaking of darling, here's a great time to bring up something interesting going on with baby girl. Rocky & I thought we had settled on a name a while back. We decided not to officially debut it and keep it a surprise until she gets here. Glad we did, since just last night, we started seriously discussing a new name. If her "other name" had been announced, we would have then been bombarded with "why are you changing it" and "oh I like ___ better", and it would be impossible for us to make up our minds on our own. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to meet her, look at her, and say "Oh, she definitely looks like a ___". It's funny because Brady's name was Brady before it had been confirmed that he was a boy. Our daughter will most likely remain nameless until her TBD birthdate. Can't believe how quickly her birthdate is approaching. I'm 30 weeks along today & had another check-up that was uneventful- blood pressure of 110/60, her heartbeat sounded good, and I measured right at 30 cm. Brady always measured ahead, so maybe just maybe she won't hit the 9lb 1 oz mark of her big brother. Strangely enough, I'm within 1 lb of gaining as much weight as I did my entire pregnancy with Brady. Wowser! I'm definitely not excited about this fact, but quite frankly, there's nothing I can do about it, and as long as she & I are healthy, I'll worry about the pounds once she's out & about. The doctor didn't bring it up, so I didn't either. I go back in 16 days for my 32 week check-up. 32 weeks, 34 weeks, and 36 weeks are the "measure & listen" time check-ups. After that, I go every week until I have her and will have the option of being checked to see if anything is happening down there. I say option because really, whether or not I'm dilated/ effaced/ she's at whatever given station is really not that important. It's an uncomfortable exam that yields not useful information. I started dilating at 38 weeks with Brady & he decided to stay in the cozy baby cave until 41 weeks 1 day. I'm thinking I'll just avoid those exams until perhaps 39-40 weeks. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment