Thursday, March 25, 2010

My pregnancy may expire before my yogurt

Posted- 3/29/10 (can't get the post date to change from 3/25/10 when I drafted it). We're getting closer to meeting baby girl. I noticed this morning that the yogurt in my fridge expires on May 3rd (my due date) and the milk doesn't expire until May 16th. I will for sure have a baby before the milk goes bad (granted with a 2.5 year old in the house it will be gone by next week for sure). For some reason, this all really excited me. When will she come? Who will she look like? How big will she be? All unknowns & very exciting. Other exciting news- as of my 34 week visit last Wednesday she's not breech! Hallelujah! Also, I watched what I ate from 32-34 weeks and actually lost a pound which didn't alarm the doctor since that still puts me up 35 lbs. It was by far the best dr's visit of this pregnancy because it quelled my fear's of an external version or scheduled c-section- 2 things I had been fretting big time. I had an U/S to confirm her position & she's definitely head down. They estimated her weight at 5.5 lbs which would put her on track to be 8.5 lbs at 40 weeks. Look at her taking after her big brother already by being a big baby. Her femur length measured at 32 weeks so she may be a short, chubby baby which would be super cute. The pics below are my favorites from the U/S. In the 2nd one you can see her sucking on her nummy fingers. Seems that she already loves her sugar sticks just like Brady did. The 3rd pic down cracked us up because she looked like she was either smiling or passing some gas. I think she looks alot like her daddy in the 4th & 5th pics and just like Brady as a baby in the last one (although Rocky thinks she looks just like me in that one). I've also included pictures of me at 34 weeks 1 day. My belly is definitely more than a bump at this point. Our doctor's office didn't get their 3D machine until right after I had Brady so we have no 3D pics to compare to although I'm sure she'll look atleast a little bit like him. This past weekend I washed up her NB & 0-3 month clothes, blankets, and her crib sheet. Her crib is ready to go although she probably won't sleep in it for the first month or so. I was really happy to find a Moses Basket at Homegoods for $20. My mom is going to make a mattress and sheet to coordinate with the basket lining fabric. It's starting to seem more real now. I'm finally starting to feel a little more tired. I even came home from work yesterday, napped for 2 hours, slept for 8+ hours last night, and was still tired and in need of coffee this morning. This pregnancy has gone by much quicker & has been alot easier on my body than the first one (probably because she's stayed pretty high and off all of those nerves that caused me pelvic, hip & leg pain before). Let's see if she's as good of a baby as Brady was. No matter what, we will love our little girl. What a blessing!




No comments:

Post a Comment