Thursday, June 3, 2010

1 Month Come & Gone & 5 Years of Love

I can't believe Carrigan is 1 month old today. She went for her check-up and all is well. Her weight is now 9 lbs 10 ounces & she's 21.75 inches long. In the dr's words "she's perfect" and told me to keep doing what I've been doing. Brady gained 11 ounces the first month of life & she's gained 18 ounces, so I'm hoping that means I have a better milk supply this time. Rocky & I are so happy that she's doing well. What more could we ask for? The pics of her are from the last week and the last two are of her today. I think in the one of her & me she's thinking- quit taking my picture mom! Brady is also doing great. We're hoping his interest in going potty will pick up soon, and he really enjoyed wearing his big-boy undies for an hour last night. He was going potty fairly consistently right before Carrigan was born, but has regressed which is to be expected. He continues to try a few times a day at school, and we ask him often at home about going. He seems excited to wear undies, and he'll tell us that he's already gone potty, but we want him to tell us before he goes and then the undies are all his! The pictures of him below are from Memorial Day. Rocky had bought him a slip-n-slide pool. Brady wasn't so sure about it at first. He'd slide down & hop out but after a few minutes he was very excited about it. I'm sure we'll get alot of use out of it this summer & I'm pretty sure it will be worth more fun that the wopping $25 it cost.
We're planning on going to visit my parents in High Point this weekend as they'll be returning from Jamaica tomorrow. Auntie Shaunda, Uncle Bobby & Tanner will also get to meet Carrigan for the first time. Brady will likely get some pool time & I'm looking forward to seeing the family and enjoying what is sure to be a tasty meal of some sort. I'll have some pics to share next week.

Last for certainly not least- Rocky & I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last Friday. Wow! I cannot believe half a decade has gone by since we said "I do." We spent most of the day in Fayetteville where we went to pick up my new car. I am now the happy owner of a 2011 Toyota Camry. We got an awesome deal on it making the trip to Fayetteville worth it. Carrigan was a trooper and was agreeable most of the 6.5 hour it took to go there, get the car, and come back. Brady's been asking where mommy's other car is & I explain to him that we got a new car to give us more room. I couldn't get the stroller in & out of the Saturn, and I could barely fit my hand behind Carrigan's carseat making it very difficult to get the seat out. While it's not so fun to have a second car payment, we managed to put about half down on the Camry & Rocky has since re-financed the Highlander to over 1% interest rate lower. Nice one hunny! Now if I could only get a raise at work so I could bring home more than $100 after paying for daycare. I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment