Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Rocky

It's a special day at our house- it's Rocky's birthday. Contrary to what he says, he's very hard to shop for as far as getting him a birthday present goes. He always says he needs nothing & that there's not anything he wants. Erggg! Realistically, if Rocky or I want something, we usually just buy it (within reason) so if he really wanted a particular video game, for example, he would buy it & I wouldn't have any idea which one he would want anyways. We do always go out to dinner for everyone's birthdays. Rocky decided last night we should go to Moe's since he received an email for one free entree. Really, of all the places we could go, he wants to go get a free burrito? Fine by me. I like it all! He also got a coupon for one free drink at Caribou Coffee & since his caffeine source of choice is soda, I get the free drink. Yum! Brady made daddy a birthday card on Sunday that he'll give him tonight. Brady & I were gonna make a cake, pie, cookies or something, but Brady said he wanted to buy something for daddy. So we went to Lowe's last night and got him a Boston Creme Pie. Confession- we dove into said pie last night. It was sitting there staring at us in the fridge & since it is for Rocky's birthday, if he wanted his pie one day early, who was I to say no? And of course, I was polite and ate my slice too as Brady & Rocky enjoyed theirs. :) This morning while taking Brady to school, Brady told Rocky "Happy Birthday Daddy! You need a Spiderman cake with a blue candle." Funny boy! I'm so happy to spend this 6th birthday in a row with Rocky. Hope he has a special day as he turns one year older. We love you Rocky!

No comments:

Post a Comment